Importance of Removing Makeup
Makeup has become a very significant part of a woman’s life. But it’s critical to take off your makeup before going to bed. Otherwise, it can do substantial damage to your skin over the course of the night. Furthermore, applying serum and moisturiser at night is essential to replenish the skin, which cannot be done over makeup. To save your skin from any discomfort and hassle, we have some makeup-removing tips. Make sure you have a good night-time skincare routine in place that will boost your skin’s health and try to achieve baby skin!
Why should you remove makeup before going to bed?
- It makes your skin dull- At night, your skin goes through a nourishment renewal process which is hampered when you sleep with makeup on, and instead of looking fresh, your skin appears dull and aged. You’re allowing all those makeup products to seep into the fine lines of your skin if you leave your makeup on for longer than it should be.
- Clogged pores- Since the makeup products are made up of oil and debris, sleeping in them will clog your pores and can cause breakouts and wrinkles. Any product on your skin will clog your pores, especially if you wear it for a long time. When you remove your makeup at night, you basically allow your skin to breathe while you sleep. However, if you go to bed with full makeup on, it will affect the pores of the skin.
- Acne breakouts- When you sleep with your makeup on, all the debris, pollutants, and oil that has accumulated on your face throughout the day seeps into your skin. It will clog the pores and result in breakouts. If you already have acne-prone skin, it will worsen your condition.
- Fastens the ageing process- It does not matter if you are using the best anti ageing creams, if you wear makeup to bed, your skin will age more quickly. Already the skin is exposed to free radicals throughout the day. These free radicals stay on your skin if you don’t wash them off, hastening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- High chances of rashes and infections- If you do not remove your makeup, it can damage your skin’s barrier, resulting in acne, and making it more vulnerable to infections and rashes. It can irritate and even infect the eyes. When you rub your face against your pillow, it is transported into your eyes, causing itching, dryness, and even cysts in your eyelids.
How to remove makeup?
The procedure of removing makeup is really straightforward. Apply some micellar water, makeup remover, or cleansing milk to a cotton pad. Wipe your face with the cotton pad until there is no more makeup on it. To restore your skin’s pH balance, apply a dab of toner to your face. Finish with a moisturiser to seal in the moisture and revitalize your skin as you sleep.
Makeup removal is a crucial component of skincare, but if you don’t use the proper products or follow makeup removing tips religiously, it can cause severe damage to your skin. Always make sure you double cleanse your skin to protect it from any harm. You can refer to Why Double Cleansing is Important for more clarity. When in doubt, you can always consult experts at PHI Clinic, where they will recommend products and makeup removing tips according to your skin type and help you attain PERFECT skin