WHAT IS IT?
A chemical peel, also known as chemexfoliation or dermapeeling, uses a chemical solution to improve the appearance of your skin..
WHAT CONDITION DOES A MEDICATED PEEL TREATS ?
Chemical peels are used to treat certain skin conditions or to improve your appearance by improving the tone and texture of your skin.
Chemical peels are most commonly performed on your face, neck or hands. They can help reduce or improve:
- The procedure involves understanding your skin type by a qualified cosmetologist
- Fine lines under your eyes or around your mouth and wrinkling caused by sun damage, aging and hereditary factors.
- Certain types of acne
- Mild scarring.
- Sun spots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, uneven skin coloring.
- Precancerous scaly spots called actinic keratosis
- Rough skin, scaly patches, dull complexion.
The best results are usually seen after two weeks. The peel can be repeated every 2 – 5 weeks depending upon the treatment plan given by your doctor.
Superficial Peels – Mildest type of peel that can be used on all skin types.
Medium Peels – These peels penetrate deeper layers of the skin.
Deep Peels – These peels are used only for the face and penetrate into the deeper skin layers.