MEDICATED PEELS FOR THE BODY
WHAT IS IT?
Medicated peels break down the top layer, or layers, of skin to help diminish the look of fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation and uneven skin tone of the body. Also When your skin is crying for help due to hyperpigmentation or wrinkles, we recommend the medicated chemical peel.
The medicated peel is slightly more invasive than superficial procedures like microdermabrasion or body polishing but has longer-lasting effects. Specialized peels for your skin type and concern are applied. PHI uses only FDA-approved products and technology to revitalize your skin.
- The procedure involves understanding your skin type by a qualified cosmetologist along with your concern.
- Your skin is cleansed.
- A gel-type liquid (peel) is applied on your skin for anywhere between 5-15 mins as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Your skin is once again cleansed and the icing is done if required.
- Sunscreen is applied after the procedure.
The best results are usually seen after two weeks. The peel can be repeated every 2 – 5 weeks depending upon the treatment plan given by your doctor.
- Superficial Peels – Mildest type of peel that can be used on all skin types.
- Medium Peels – These peels penetrate deeper layers of the skin.
- Deep Peels – These peels are used only for the face and penetrate into the deeper skin layers.