HIFU TREATMENT: Stop your skin from ageing today!
Ageing is an inevitable part of life but looking your age is not! As we get older, our skin becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did.
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound Therapy) is a wonderful non-invasive treatment for anyone wanting to begin their anti ageing treatment journey! It is a painless and safe technique that stimulates collagen formation in deep structural layers underneath the skin’s surface. A HIFU treatment helps renew your skin from the inside out, leaving only the best results.
How does the HIFU treatment work?
HIFU works by delivering ultrasound energy under the layers of the skin surface. When ultrasound waves pass through the skin, they produce heat, which induces regulated tissue damage leading to collagen formation. The previously flabby skin becomes firmer and tighter as new collagen is formed. The upper layers of the skin and nearby tissues are unaffected because the heat energy is concentrated on the tissues beneath the skin.
Benefits of HIFU:
- Jawline definition
- Wrinkle reduction
- Smoothing the skin
- Tightening sagging skin
- Lifting the cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids
- Tightening of the décolletage
There’s no specific pre-procedure preparation needed before getting HIFU procedure. You should remove all makeup and skin care products from the target area before treatment.
Here’s what to expect at your appointment:
- The treatment area is first cleansed.
- A topical anaesthetic cream is applied before starting.
- The area to be treated is marked by the doctor.
- Ultrasound gel is then applied to the target area.
- The HIFU device is placed against the skin.
- The doctor adjusts the device to the required setting on the HIFU device.
- Ultrasound energy is then delivered to the target area in short pulses for roughly 60 to 90 minutes.
- The device is removed and the face is cleansed.
Expectations after the treatment:
The finest aspect of the HIFU treatment is that the patient can resume normal activities immediately following the treatment. Mild swelling or redness is possible, but it settles in a few hours. The effects usually appear within a month and last for 8-12 months, depending on the patient’s lifestyle.
HIFU is considered a safe, effective, painless and noninvasive procedure for tightening the facial skin. Most patients see full results after 3 months of the treatment. The procedure is best suited for patients with mild-to-moderate skin laxity, and you may need to repeat the procedure in one to two years.