HAIR THINNING OR SCANTY HAIR
Hair thinning refers to minor to moderate hair loss. Unlike severe hair loss, hair thinning might not lead to baldness. However, your hair might appear scanty or thin in areas on the scalp or throughout your scalp. Hair thinning is a gradual process and hence, timely measures can be taken to avoid extreme issues.
What causes hair thinning or scanty hair?
Hair thinning may be caused due to genetics, lifestyle habits, or certain medical conditions.
- Poor hair care habits – like over-brushing, using harmful hair products, hairstyling using heating tools, constantly coloring hair, perming, could all lead to hair thinning. Tying your hair up too tight during workouts or in general can cause hair thinning too.
- Imbalanced Diet – lack of minerals, iron, folic acid in your diet.
- Uncontrolled stress leads to hormonal imbalance and hence hair fall.
- Heredity Hair thinning hair may also be hereditary or caused by genetic reasons.
- Hormonal changes in women during menstruation and pregnancy could cause hair loss, consumption of birth control pills, etc. can also cause hair thinning.
- Uncontrolled weight loss, skin and hair disorders can also lead to hair thinning
Treatment for hair thinning or scanty hair
Depending on the reason for your hair thinning, a treatment plan would be recommended to you by our experts. At PHI Clinic, we offer treatment plans that are holistic in nature; meaning, not only do we offer clinical treatments, but we also help you understand the lifestyle and dietary changes you’d need to sustain the treatment plans, as well as prescribe medications when necessary. Some of the procedures that we offer to combat hair loss are:
- Multivitamins Healthy hair is dependent on your overall good health. In cases of malnourishment, or with certain eating disorders, new hair may fail to generate from follicles. Healthy hair needs iron, folic acid, and zinc to keep growing thick and strong.
- Hair regrowth treatment is a non-surgical, hair PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment that stimulates hair follicles, strengthens the hair shaft and is great for hair thinning, hair fall or baldness
- Micro-needling for hair is a procedure that stimulates collagen production, brings proper blood flow to the roots and encourages hair growth.
- Scalp peel is a great non-surgical procedure for damaged hair that provides a boost to hair growth by deep conditioning your scalp, removing dead skin particles, dirt, debris, and residue of cosmetic, beauty products.
- Laser hair induction or Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), is a non-invasive procedure that uses FDA-approved light technology which helps stimulate hair follicles and gives a boost to regrowth of thicker, more voluminous hair.
To determine the exact procedure required for your hair needs and to understand what the procedure actually entails, reach out to us and one of our experts will guide you through the process, step-by-step.