HAIR PRP(PLATELET RICH PLASMA)
WHAT IS IT?
Platelet-rich plasma or (PRP) therapy for hair loss is a medical treatment in which your own blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp. It is ideal for people with hair thinning, hair loss, or balding patches and can be used by both men and women. PRP injections stimulate and maintain natural hair growth by increasing blood supply to the hair strand and boosting the thickness of the hair shaft. PRP has proven results in patients suffering from androgenic alopecia (hair loss on top of the head) as well as hair thinning due to lifestyle, hormones, and other factors.
- Consultation with our hair expert trichologist who will examine the quality of your hair and hair follicle
- A local anesthetic is used over your scalp to make the procedure comfortable
- Hair PRP is a simple medical treatment where your blood is drawn from your arm and then processed to separate the platelet component of blood.
- The platelet-rich plasma is then re-injected into your hair follicle to stimulate hair growth.
- It is crucial to have the right doctor for hair PRP, as the right layer and depth is of utmost importance.
Results are seen typically within the first two months of the treatment. For best results, consistency is key. You will notice decreased hair fall, followed by early regrowth and increased length of hair. It also helps with stimulating hair growth after a hair transplant.
Results are usually seen after 2-3 sessions. We recommend 6 sessions for best results.